The People Portal
How It Works
Lets people log in and manage their information. The username and password are in the people view.
As of now, it lets anyone login and manage their info. It may be that in the future with client feedback, we configure so confs can control who can login.
What People Can Do In The Portal
Everything people can do is configurable by the conference. The conference doesn't have to allow all or any of this.
- Update their contact info.
- Update their login info.
- Submit CEUs and view & print reports.
- View & print their trainings.
- View portal posts made by the conference.
- Jump to their church dashboard.
- Jump to their church's FormVites.
- Jump to their church's data forms.
- Jump to people FormVites.
- Jump to people data forms.
- Coming soon: go through the clergy comp process.
- View their own leadership assignments.
- View a clergy directory.
- Conferences can add their own custom pages if they want to extend the people portal or make suggestions that functionality be added to the people portal for everyone in the UMC Data Core.
Manage Parts On Website Properties
Contact update form
You must have a data form and pick this to allow people to update their contact record. Customize the PeoplePortalPerson view to show or hide fields you allow the people to access.
Login update form
You must have a data form and pick this to allow people to update their login info. Customize the PeoplePortalLogin view to show or hide fields.
If you make a data form and pick it, then people will be able to manage CEUs. Otherwise, they won't. Pick a data form and customize the CEUsSubmit view to choose fields to show/hide.
CEUs page text
Whatever you put here will show up on the CEUs page.
To manage the text on the homepage of your people portal, go to the page in your sitemap called "peopleportal"
Trainings page text
Use the "trainings page text" box
Education history form
If you want people to be able to view their education history records and/or submit new records, you make a data form and then choose it. Customize the EducationHistorySubmit view to show/hide fields.
Education history page text
To put text on the education history page, fill out the box on the website config screen.
Assignments page text
Same as the others with this, fill out the box on the website config screen.
Compensation page text
Same game as the others.
Override clergy directory condition
We have a default filter for who shows in your clergy directory, but you can put in your own custom filter if you like. Here is the default filter...
<Or> <And> <Or> <And> <IsNull Not="true" FieldId="Appointments.Church.Id" /> <Or> <IsNull FieldId="Appointments.AppointmentPosition.Id" /> <Ne FieldId="Appointments.AppointmentPosition.Id" Value="17430" /> </Or> </And> <IsNull Not="true" FieldId="Appointments.District.Id" /> <IsNull Not="true" FieldId="Appointments.ExtensionMinistry" /> <IsNull Not="true" FieldId="Appointments.ExtensionMinistryList.Id" /> </Or> <Or> <IsNull FieldId="Appointments.ExtensionMinistryPositions.Id" /> <InList FieldId="Appointments.ExtensionMinistryPositions.Id"> <Match Value="13348" /> <Match Value="13350" /> <Match Value="13346" /> <Match Value="13317" /> <Match Value="21547" /> <Match Value="13347" /> <Match Value="13353" /> <Match Value="13352" /> <Match Value="13354" /> <Match Value="20270" /> <Match Value="20269" /> <Match Value="20272" /> <Match Value="13349" /> <Match Value="13351" /> </InList> </Or> <Or> <IsNull FieldId="Appointments.StartDate" /> <Lt FieldId="Appointments.StartDate" When="now" /> </Or> <Or> <IsNull FieldId="Appointments.EndDate" /> <Gt FieldId="Appointments.EndDate" When="now" /> </Or> </And> <Eq FieldId="ClergyOrLay.Id" Value="4886" /> </Or>
Watch a video on setting up and creating people portal posts.
- Create "people portal posts sections" in Admin > Categories. For example directories, clergy announcements, documents, etc
- You'll be able to give permissions to users based upon SECTIONS not individual posts. For example, you may have a section called "clergy documents" and you give permission to "appointed clergy" to access this section. Anything post you make in this section will be seen by those people.
- Make posts under Content > People Portal Posts. Mark it "important" to make it sticky to the top of its section. Add files or video embed code for videos that upload to YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, and the like.
Back-End Reports For CEUs And Trainings
There are a couple of back-end reports that people "in the conference office" can use to manage CEUs and trainings.
Admins would need to share these reports out. By default they are invisible. Go into a user or group and then share out the report.
- The CEUs report. Go to Contacts > People and under Searches/Reports, pick the CEUs reports. You can see incomple and complete CEUs. Choose the number of credits for YOUR mins.
- The trainings report is also in People. This shows expired and expiring trainings by training.
- To view and approve CEUs, go to Content > CEUs Earned and click on "Needs review" to see unapproved. Go into the record, review and approve. You can leave a message that will be shown in the people portal.
How A Conference Can Invite People To The Portal
As of this writing, any person in your "People" view that has an email address can access the people portal. This may change as more confs use it. To get them to your portal...
- Send an email linking them to https://www.yourconfsite.org/peopleportalsigninhelp
- They will then enter their email.
- Our system will email them a link where they can create a username and password and, voila, they are in.
Technical Steps For A Techie To Deploy The Portal Into A Conference
- Create a layout that uses “People Portal Root”
- Create a user called “People Portal Person” and make all data forms connect to them. Admin and NOT active.
- Create pages
- People Portal - peopleportal (the homepage). Hidden.
- People Portal Signin Help - peopleportalsigninhelp (the signup help page)
- Create views and link them to the "People Portal Person" user.
- PeoplePortalLogin . Do you need to customize?
- PeoplePortalPerson. Do you need to customize?
- CEUsSubmit. Do you need to customize?
- EducationHistorySubmit. Do you need to customize?
- Make a branded template for the people portal. Probably use the conf logo or cross and flame and the conf name + "People Portal".
- Make data forms. Make them ALL RunAs="People Portal Person".
Be sure to put a redirection or thank you message on all of them. For example, in the CEU data form, you might want to put a redirection on submit to https://clientdomain.org/peopleportal/ceus
- People Portal CEUs Submit. View = CEUsSubmit.
- People Portal Login. View = PeoplePortalLogin.
- People Portal Person. View = PeoplePortalPerson. Redirect: confsite/peopleportal
- People Portal Education. View = EducationHistorySubmit. Redirect: confsite/education
- People Portal CEUs Submit. View = CEUsSubmit.
- Go into the website that needs the portal and go the properties and set…
- People Portal Update Form to People Portal Person
- Login Update Form to People Portal Login
- CEU Update Form to People Portal CEUs Submit
- Put in text for the pages if you want
- Link EducationHistory data form
- Check any other boxes
- Add in <ActionLink> to people for backdoor login. Here's an action link snippet.
<ActionLink Href="https://www.confsite.org/peopleportal/loginas/" Secure="true" Location="DetailPrimaryToolbar" Label="People Portal" />