The Files Manager
Understanding the Files Manager
Brick River is an outstanding platform for managing multiple sites. It includes storage space in the cloud for the files and images you need to support your web communications. You can create folders and subfolders to organize files just like you do on a local computer or office network.
Step 1- Files
In the web console, click Files to view your account folders and files. The screenshot below will explain in detail about the file manager.
- Home: The root folder for everything is the Home folder. In this folder, you can create subfolders to organize images, videos, style sheets and other types of files. Users who have been granted administrator permissions can access the home folder. Permissions can be set for users and groups to access the content of subfolders.
- Upload: Click on this button to browse your local and network files system and upload one or multiple files to the currently active folder.
- Icon View: Toggle the screen view of the tree, small icon, and large icon display.
- Show Deleted: Toggle to change the display of the window to show all files deleted from Brick River Home and other folders.
- Show Images: Toggle this on to only display the image files in the current folder (other files types are hidden from view)
- Search: Enter in this field to search for files by character string in filename or title.
- Properties: Click on this small " i " icon add folder properties such as Title, Description, and Date.
- Permissions: Click on the lock icon to set read/write permissions for users and groups.
Step 2 - File Properties
For each file stored in Brick River, a database record stores file meta information.
- The URL of this file: You can copy these links to include on web pages and emails to allow users to download that file.
- File Properties: You can use these fields to enter information such as Name, Title, Date, etc.
- Clouds-mountain.jpg: Click on the link to open the file in the default program defined for that file type on the local system.
Step 3 - Unzip Files
You can upload zip files, which is useful for adding folders with nested folders and files inside them. When you unzip the file, you need to specify where you want to unzip it to. For example, If you want to upload the contents of the zip to your "content" folder you will need to use path "/content".
Step 4 - Folder Permissions
By default, only administrators can set permissions to the files and folders. However, they can grant permissions to the other users to edit the folders. Let us understand how this can be done:
- Click the padlock icon next to the required folder.
- Click Yes, set permissions on this folder and its children.
- Choose Users and/or Groups to include for Read-Only and Write access.
Step 5 - Deleting Folders and Files
Administrators and users with sufficient permission can delete files and folders.
- Click the checkbox to select the desired item and click the trash can button to delete.
- Deleted files are retained in the Brick River system and can be recovered using the View Deleted button.