Search and Customize Contacts or Content
You can easily type for content or contacts in the Search field and use the filtering options to display the results accordingly. In this tutorial, we will understand how to search for contacts. These steps can be applied to searching content records as well.
SEARCHING A VIEW
- On the main menu, click on the desired type of view - Contacts or Content - and select the type of contacts or content from the drop-down list. The specified view displays.
- In the Search field, type the beginnings of what you're looking for. Depending on the view, different fields will be defined as searchable from the main search. For example, in Contact views, if the first name and last name are defined as search fields, typing "aud" in the search field would locate records linked to Audrey Zabor, Maude Finley, and Harold Baudoin.
CUSTOMIZING FILTER FIELDS
- Navigate to the desired view. In the upper left side of the screen, select the button labeled Filter Fields. A pop up that says Add Search Fields appears.
- In the pop up window, there is a search box. Type the field you're looking for into the search box, or browse the list of available fields
- You'll notice the "+" sign next to some words. This indicates a relationship to another view. By selecting the "+" option, you can pull in other fields from related views.
- Click on any field to add it as a filter option.
- Now, at the bottom of the filter fields listed on the left side of the screen, a box with the field name you selected appears. Depending on the field, there may be a drop-down list full of options or a textbox.
For filter fields, additional functionality helps you fine-tune your search results:
- Include: Include only the criteria indicated
- Exclude: Filter out only the criteria indicated
- Is Null: For the indicated field, display all entries that have no content (aka are null).
- Is Not Null: For the indicated field, only display entries with content.
SAVE YOUR SEARCH CRITERIA
- Once you have finished customizing and entering the search criteria, click the floppy disk button that appears next to the search bar to save it.
- A pop-up appears asking you to title your new saved search or to update an existing saved search instead.
- If you want to access the saved search, choose it from the the Saved Searches drop-down list next to the search bar.
MANAGE SAVED SEARCHES
Have several saved searches? Now you can search them. Very meta, we know.
To access the searching saved searches function, click on the Saved Searches button to the right of the search box in any content or contact view. A pop-up window will appear listing all your saved searches. At the top of the window is a search bar. Type in your search and results filter live.
Additionally, in this window, you can remove saved searches or make an existing search your default filter for a view.