Lightweight Email Mail Merging
Brick River Email system allows you to use mail merge to create customized emails to each of your recipients. You can send bulk email messages and customize only specific sections of the email such as first name, last name, preferred name, email, username etc. The information you use to customize the email is populated from your recipient list.
In this tutorial, we are going to understand how to use a merge field in the salutation section of an email.
- Click Email center and open a Draft email.
- Compose your email message and Add Recipients. You can choose your recipients from a mailing list. In this tutorial, we are going to use volunteer contacts with a first and last name.
- Since we are using mail merge field for the salutation, enter a space after Dear and click Mail Merge.
- Choose your preferred salutation. Since Brick River emailer is versatile and can be used for many types of email campaigns, there is no one right way to use the mail merge fields. You can use any field depending on the type of email.
- On the top menu, click View mail merge data to check the mail merge database to view the missing mail merge fields and add them if required.
- Once you have finished working on your email, click Send.