How Events and the Calendar Functions Work
UNDERSTANDING EVENTS AND CALENDAR CATEGORIES
On an events calendar page on a Brick River-backed website, a list of calendar categories displays across the top of the calendar. These tags allow users to filter the calendar to display one or multiple selected categories of events. Events with no tags will display when the calendar is set to display all events.
The calendar category provides calendar tags to control events displayed for the users. For example, if you create an event called "Kids Birthday Party" and apply the calendar Tag "Kids," that event will be displayed when users filter the calendar to view only "Kids" events. You can add multiple calendar tags to any event.
CREATING A CALENDAR CATEGORY
- On the Admin menu, click Categories. A list of system categories displays.
- From the Categories list, click Calendars. A list of Calendar categories displays.
- Click Add New to add a new calendar type.
- Enter a Label for the Calendar. If desired, choose a Color and Sort By entry. By default, categories appear to users alphabetically using the label field. Add Sort By entries to all categories to apply for a different sort order. Abbreviations are not used for calendar categories.
- Click Edit to change the Label or other attributes of existing categories - or to deactivate (hide) or delete existing categories.
- Click Save to save the changes.
SETTING YOUR TIME ZONE
When users click into an event, details about the event time and its time zone, date, and location display to the right. The time zone is set in your console configuration. Access it by selecting Admin (the gear) in the upper right-side corner and selecting Console Config from the drop-down list. On this screen, you will see a drop-down to select your time zone.