Doing Refunds Using Stripe
Refunds are only one step when using Stripe as your payment processor. Whether you issue the refund from Brick River or initiate the refund in Stripe, both methods automatically record in the registrant's ledger. Learn more about setting up Stripe as your payment processor in Brick River in this article.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISSUING A REFUND VIA BRICK RIVER
- From the top, black menu bar, select Reg -> Forms. From the available list of forms, select the specific form that you'd like to manage. Make sure this is a form that has accepted funds via Stripe.
- From the list of registrant, select a specific registrant to issue a refund for.
- At the top of the screen, you will see a ledger of payments the registrant has made for their amount owed. To the right of the completed payment, you will see a button that says Refund. Select the Refund button.
- A new screen appears and invites you to enter an amount for the refund. You can refund the entire amount or a partial amount of what the registrant paid. Once you've entered the amount, select the green Process Refund button.
- After selecting Process Refund, a new line is added to the ledger for the specific registrant with the transaction ID from Stripe.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISSUING A REFUND VIA STRIPE
For the most up-to-date information about refunds and issuing them via Stripe, read this article from Stripe's documentation portal. Once you have issued the refund via Stripe, refreshing the reg form page in Brick River, or navigating to the form and registrant you refunded, will reveal that the refund has been automatically recorded in Brick River. A new ledger line for the specific registrant with the transaction ID from Stripe has been added.